POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP
The post-matric scholarship is that scholarship provided to the students who are good in studies and belong to the minority community. Minority community includes Muslim, Sikh, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians (Parsis). So, this law came in force in June 2016 by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA). This law was made in order to provide financial assistance to the weaker section of the society for their higher education. Higher Education here starts from class 11th to Ph.D. So, the financial assistance is restricted to the sum of ₹10,000 annually.
Eligibility for attaining the Scholarship
• As mentioned before, only and only those who are covered under minority community is eligible for it. So, before seeking for other points you should clear this eligibility first.
• You are required to be in class 11th, 12th, graduation, post-graduation, M.Phil or Ph.D. and technical/vocational courses to avail this scholarship.
• You are required to have minimum 50% marks or grades equal to it in your previous education.
• You will be eligible if your annual income is under 2 lakh annually including the income of all other sources.
Benefits which the eligible candidate will get if applied
• If you are a student of class 11th or class 12th, then you will get the sum of ₹ 7,000 per annum for your admission and tuition fees.
• If you are a student of technical and vocational courses of class 11th or class 12th, then you will get the sum of ₹10,000 per annum for your admission and tuition fees.
• If you are in graduation or post-graduation, then you will get ₹3,000 per annum for your admission and tuition fees.
Maintenance Allowance for 10 months to the eligible candidates will be:
1. For class 11th and class 12th, this will include both technical/vocational courses amount to ₹380 per month for Hostellers and ₹230 per month for day scholars.
2.For graduation and post-graduation, the amount will be ₹570 per month for Hostellers and ₹300 per month for day scholars.
3.For M.Phil and Ph.D., the amount will be ₹1200 per month for Hostellers and ₹550 per month for day scholars.
How to apply
• Click on the Link- https://scholarships.gov.in.
•Then go to the tab and click on New User? Register.
• Enter some details, like the name of the scholarship, scheme type, name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, and email id.
• Give your bank details which include Bank Name, IFSC Code, Account Number. You will get all these details from your passbook of the bank.
• Enter your mobile number and get it verified, you will get the OTP on your number, fill it.
• Now your application id and password gets generated.
Documents required for applying in the above scheme
• Student’s Photograph.
• Domicile Certificate.
• Self Declaration Certificate of the minority community.
• Self-attested copy of previous education.
• Receipt of fees of current course mentioning your admission fees, tuition fees and hostel fees(If any).
• Scanned copy of Aadhar Card/ Enrollment Id of Aadhar.
• Income certificate issued by the concerned authority.
• Proof of bank account in the name of the candidate or joint account in name of father/mother, for this you can give a photocopy of passbook front page.