D.Pharma With the invention and discovery of new technologies there have been advances in the field of chemical sciences, medical sciences and herbal sciences the field of Pharmacy serves to be one of the most important areas for the study. With the proper knowledge and practical training only it is possible to contribute significantly in the fields of medicine, chemical sciences, pharamceutics and Ayurveda and that is called the actual use of our education and using it rightly towards self- growth as well as the growth of the organization which one works for. At Aryans Group of Colleges there are 2 courses of pharmacy offered by Aryans Pharmacy College and one of the course is D.Pharma or Diploma in Pharmacy.
D.Pharma at Aryans Group of Colleges is a 2-years Under-graduate course for students who have passed their 10+2 with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology .This course is a job oriented programme for science students after class 12 who want to build a career in the field of pharmaceuticals, medicine, health care and many more. After the completion of the course the Diploma holders can seek jobs easily in Hospitals and Pharmacies and many other related organizations. The course is approved by Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi and affiliated to PSBTE, Chandigarh.
What this course is all about ??
While studying this programme :-
1. This course enable its students to work under the supervision of licensed pharmacists in hospitals, pharmacies and many other pharmaceutical related fields.
2. During the course the students are given thorough practical training and knowledge about the preparation of medication for dispensing from pharmaceuticals and keeping records for the same, preparation of aseptic products, performing inventory control, purchasing and merchandising.
3. Students are also taught all necessary academic and computer processing skills so that they could easily practice on pharmacy softwares and perform correct processing of prescription and compounding techniques.
4. Students of the course are also brushed on their soft skills and given a number of opportunities to learn and polish their verbal as well as written communication.
5. The course involves a study of chemical sciences, human anatomy, toxicology, drug store management and even clinical testing in their course of study.
2 years (4 Semesters)
Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects.
Eligibility to the Course-
To seek admission in D.Pharma course, students must have passed 10+2 in science stream i.e. with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks, from a recognized Board/University or should have passed any other qualifying exam approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above mentioned examination.
Subjects to be covered:-
The subjects to be taught during the course include Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology, Physiology, Human Anatomy, Health Education, Community Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence, Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacotherapeutics, Drug Design, Drug store management, etc.
Scope and Career Prospects of the course
Job opportunities for D.Pharma students are numerous. They are eligible for practicing as Pharmacists in India. Many work at drug stores in Government hospitals, clinics, community health care center or private drug stores. These diploma holders can choose to pursue their higher studies by enrolling to courses of B.Pharma, M.Pharma and then Pharma.D.
These students are also trained for clerical, finance and accounting jobs involving inventory control, Third party billing, legislation related to pharmaceuticals, etc. Students having medicinal knowledge can also start their own private drug stores and draw decent revenue from there and build their entrepreneurship skills. After the completion of the course these graduates can easily enter the fields of teaching, banking, research, pharmaceuticals and even work in government hospitals, dispensaries and pharmacies.
Gaining industrial exposure these Diploma holders can also work in pharmaceutical industries in the various departments of process control, manufacturing, quality control merchandising and marketing.
Job Designations for D.Pharma Holders
Pharmacists, Scientific Officers, Production Executives, Medical Transcriptionists, Technical Supervisees, Medical Representatives, Chemists, Quality Analysts, Consultants, Marketing Professionals, etc.
Ranbaxy, Cipla, Mankind, Piramal Healthcare, Sun Pharma, Max Hospitals, Medanta Hospitals, Fortis Hospitals, Apollo Hospitals, Drug Stores, INSTAS Biopharmaceuticals, etc.