ARMY SCHOLARSHIP – Education Scholarship Scheme for Army Personnel (ESSA) 2019
As noble gesture to pay a small tribute to our Indian armed forces for their countless efforts and sacrifices which they make while serving our nation the Army Welfare Education Society started an Education Scholarship Scheme for the wards of the army personnels. Under this scheme reduction in tuition fee per semester is allowed on the basis of the academic merit of the students. Due to the scheme 1000s of wards of army personnel have been able to pursue higher education without extra burden on their parents.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME?
The features of this scholarship scheme are as follows :-
1. ESSA is a merit based scholarship scheme.
2. Candidates of all gender, religion and state of India can apply for this scholarship.
3. 25 years is the age limit for applicants for this scholarship.
4. Scholarship is awarded from class 9th to upto post graduation level.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SCHEME?
The eligibility criteria for the army scholarship scheme is as follows :-
1. The applicant for this Scholarship Scheme should be a ward of serving Army personnel or MNS ( Military Nursing Service ).
2. The age of the applicant for this scheme should not be more than 25 years of age at the time of completion of their course.
3. The applicant should be pursing studies from class 9th to Post Graduation Level.
4. The wards of retired Army personnel, Deceased Army personnel and Territorial Army personnel are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME ?
The steps to apply for the scholarship scheme are listed as below :-
Step 1: applicants can download the application form for www.awesindia.com
Step 2: Fill in all the details in the application form.
Step 3: Attach all the required documents.
Step 4: After completing the above mentioned steps send the application form via post to:
Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), Education Scholarship Scheme for Army Personnel (ESSA),
Adjutant General’s Branch,
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army),
Building No 202, Shankar Vihar.
Delhi Cantt, New Delhi-110 010
WHAT IS THE CUT-OFF PERCENTAGE OF MARKS REQUIRED FOR APPLICANTS OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME ?
The cut-off percentage required for the wards of OFFICERS, JUNIOR COMMISSIONED OFFICERS (JCO) and OTHER RANK (OR) army personnel applying for the scholarship scheme are as follows:-
|EDUCATIONAL LEVELS||%FOR OFFICERS’S WARDS||% FOR JCO’S WARDS||% FOR OR’S WARDS|
All children above the cut-off percentage should be awarded.
WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE ATTACHED FOR THE APPLICATION FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP ?
The photocopies of the marksheets or certificates duly attested by the Principal or Headmaster of the applicant’s school or college needs to be attached along with the application form.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION RELATED TO THE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME :
1. The applications submitted by the Serving Army Officers, JCOs and OR will be duly scrutinized by their Commanding Officers/ Head of Departments.
2. Downloaded marksheets will not be accepted unless attested by the school/college to avoid any kind of manipulation.
3. The scholarship applications in respect of Defence Security Corps (DSC) personnel will be accepted through their record office only.
4. The candidates will receive scholarship amount through multi-city cheques /NEFT.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME ?
The benefits of this scholarship scheme are as follows:
1. For school classes 9th- 12th Rs. 1500 per year
2. At Graduation level courses Rs.2500 per year
3. For PG and Professional courses Rs.6000 per year
1. For any query mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Contact number- 011-26151564, 011-26152642.
3. Contact Address-
Army Welfare Education Society
Building no. 202, Shankar Vihar,
New Delhi- 110010.