Aryans Group of Colleges, Chandigarh has got the approval from Punjabi University, Patiala to start 2 Years Diploma in Agriculture course.Aryans Group of Colleges provides Diploma in Agriculture and proves to be one of the best colleges to impart knowledge in the agriculture field. It is one of the best college in Jammu& Kashmir, Chandigarh, Punjab, and Haryana. It also covers students from different states like Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
Diploma in Agriculture is a foundation programme delivering an experience for students new to the agricultural sector. It offers the opportunity to understand the high-tech solutions being used to ensure profitability and sustainability in agri-businesses today. The Diploma programme is delivered by the leading agricultural teaching staff at Aryans Group of Colleges.
The course offers theoretical and practical knowledge of what improves agricultural productivity.The course is structured to provide career-oriented education in order to prepare students for employment in the agricultural sector. The aim of the course is to train students in the latest agricultural techniques within the context of a specific specialization field (fruit production; agronomy; viticulture; oenology or livestock production).
To be the leading centre to provide quality education in the field of Agriculture, farmer-responsive training and services for the development of Agriculture and Agro- Industry.
- After completion of this course, graduates may get opportunities in areas like Food production firms, Government agricultural firms, Banks, Plantations, Government fertilizer manufacturing firms, etc.
- The program aims at combining concepts of Biology, Technology and Agriculture Science to boost overall Agriculture Productivity.
- To provide relevant education to the students in Processing, Agriculture and life sciences.
- To Provide high quality teaching, research and development to the students with an understanding and ability to apply fundamental principles of Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, vegetable production and cereal varieties development, their seed production, disease and insect management and post-harvest management.
The Agriculture industry plays a vital role in the Indian economy by contributing approximately 15-20% of the GDP.With the increasing focus on agricultural practices in the country, the demand for trained professionals in this area has also been increasing. After pursuing diploma in agriculture field, students can apply for jobs in government as well as in private organizations. Agriculture field offers job opportunities in horticulture, poultry farming, plant science, soil science, food science, animal science, etc.Students can go for further studies like BSc in Agriculture after completing this diploma programme.
- Passed 10th with at least 50% marks.
- 2 years regular course.