Aryans Group of Colleges, Chandigarh has got the approval from Punjabi University, Patiala to start 4 Years B.Sc(Hons)Agriculture course. The Department of Agriculture is an undergraduate degree with four-year academic duration. Aryans Group of Colleges provides B.Sc(Hons) Agriculture and proves to be one of the best colleges to impart knowledge in the agriculture field. It is one of the best agriculture colleges in Chandigarh, Jammu& Kashmir, Chandigarh, Punjab, and Haryana. It also covers students from different states like Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
The degree in Agriculture differs from the regular B.Sc degree because it focuses only on the specialization of Agriculture like animal science, soil science, and agriculture engineering. The curriculum is very broad and offers study about the Horticulture, Fisheries, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Economics, Food Technology, Forestry, Home Science, etc.The program also includes one semester of internship which gives hands-on experience to students. The department has well qualified and experienced faculties who guide students at each and every path of their career. The department also includes students from seven sisters of India i.e. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Manipur, and Nagaland.
As we know that India is an agrarian country, so this field never runs out of job opportunities.This course also requires outdoor activities to a large extent and student can also offer their higher studies in this field.
To be the leading centre to provide quality education in the field of Agriculture, farmer-responsive training and services for the development of Agriculture and Agro- Industry.
- To encourage the youths on entrepreneurship and rural development and to provide consultancy in agriculture to disseminate the technology innovation to the producer through integrated extension activities.
- The program aims at combining concepts of Biology, Technology and Agriculture Science to boost overall Agriculture Productivity.
- To provide relevant education to the students in Processing, Agriculture and life sciences.
- To Provide high quality teaching, research and development to the students with an understanding and ability to apply fundamental principles of Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, vegetable production and cereal varieties development, their seed production, disease and insect management and post-harvest management.
- Passed 10+2 with PCM/ PCB/ PCMB with atleast 50% marks.
- Last semester will be the Internship.
- 4 years regular course.