Bacholar of Science Medical Laboratory Sciences
Providing all possible modern amenities and digital library, well- equiped practical laboraties, good infrastructure along with proper practical training and theoretical knowledge of the various concepts following the course curriculum for this stream by expert and experienced faculty members Aryans Group of colleges proves to be one the best colleges in Chandigarh infact the entire North Indian region for the young students who are willing to choose Medical Laboratory Sciences or Clinical Laboratory Technology as their career option . Putting in sincere efforts in order to provide quality education to their students the College organizes frequent guest lectures and seminars by experts of the various fields related to their course of study to provide them with additional knowledge apart from their syllabus which proves to be significant and useful for them enriching their knowledge base. Industrial visits to Hospitals, pathology labs and pharmaceutical companies are also scheduled from time to time for giving the students the insight of their actual future work environment.
B.Sc (Medical Laboratory Sciences) at Aryans Group of Colleges is a 3-year Under-graduate course for students who have passed their 10+2 with science subjects. The course is related to allied health sciences and deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through the use of clinical laboratory tests. The graduates of this field form an important part of the health care team and their work goes hand in hand with that of the doctors, physicians and even surgeons. They can also get employed in the fields of computers, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, forensics, pathology and many more. The course is affiliated by IKGPTU, Jalandhar.
What this course is all about ??
While studying this programme :-
- The students are given a number of opportunities to polish their communication and research skills as these are high valued anywhere they get employed.
- During this course students also learn about the basic to advance concepts involved in the collection of information, reporting, documentation, testing and sampling.
- Being students enrolled in this course along with practical training related to clinical and laboratory testing the students are also taught about their role in assisting physicians, surgeons and nurses to provide best care to an ill or injured person.
- Students are taught in such a way that by the end of their course they possess all the clinical skills i.e. the mechanical ability, practical exposure and knowledge about the proper usage of the various laboratory instruments and equipments- their working and principles and also the basic computer skills required for documentation and reporting of their entire practical work.
- During their course of study the students are taught basic to advance concepts of Biochemistry, Bacteriology, Pathology, Microbiology as an integral part of their Course- curriculum.
- To seek admission to B.Sc (Medical Laboratory Sciences) a student must have passed 10+2 in science stream i.e. with Physics, Chemistry, Biology with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks, from a recognized Board/University.
Subjects to be covered:-
The subjects to be taught during the course include Biology, Microbiology, Human Anatomy, Bacteriology, Physiology, Pathology, Biochemistry, Haematology, Immunology, Blood Ranking, Parasitology and Virology, Medical Laboratory Management, Environmental Sciences, etc.
Scope and Career Prospects of the course
With the never ending increase in population and discovery of new diseases, increases the requirement and inventions of new types of tests and medicines, the employment for these laboratory workers is expected to grow always. The graduates from this field have a huge domain for employment, as these graduates have a good practical exposure of clinical testing and report generation and observation. Therefore, these graduates can easily find job opportunities in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, public health care departments, community health centers, blood donation center, pharmaceuticals, medical and pathological laboratries and also commercial laboraties. These graduates can also work in forensic department and also practice and assist the pathologists and also work in government hospitals and Military services.
Gaining job experience these students can also enter the research area and get themselves employed in research centres across the country carrying out research in their area of interest. These students can also get themselves enrolled in Post-Graduate courses and pursue their higher studies like M.Sc., in order to enhance their skills and knowledge of their subjects.
Job Designations for B.Sc MLS Graduates
Lab Managers, Researchers, Laboratory Technician, Medical Record Technician, Resident Medical Officer, Lab Assistants, Research Associates, Laboratory Testing Manager, Associate Professors, Healthcare Administrators, Supervisors, Hospital Outreach Coordinators, Consultants, R&D Lab Technician, Technical Executives and X-Ray Technicians.
Top Recruiters for B.Sc MLS Graduates
Ranbaxy, Fortis Hospitals, Max Hospitals,Sun pharma, Medanta Hospitals, Max Healthcare, HLL Lifecare Limited, Mankind, Piramal, Holy Family Hospitals, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Santa Parmanand Hospital, Maharja Agrasen Hospital, etc.