Who is eligible for PMSSS Scholarship?
Eligibility criteria under the J&K PMSSS Scholarship scheme as follows:
1. Domicile Must be State subject of J&K
2. Education HSC Must have passed 10+2 examination from J&K Board or CBSE school located in J&K. Lateral Entry (Diploma) Must have passed 10+3 Diploma from J&K State Polytechnics eligible for admission in direct second year in prescribed list of colleges on the vacant seats of Engg category for batch 2018-19
3. Income The family income from all sources for the Financial Year 2018- 19 should not be more than Rs. 8.0 Lakh per annum.
4. Only those willing to study outside the State of J&K.
I have submitted my application, is documents verification at Facilitation Centre is necessary?
Yes, without documents verification at Facilitation Centre, student is not eligible for Scholarship.
Is attending online counseling mandatory for eligible students for availing benefits under PMSSS?
Yes, it is Mandatory for all the students to attend online counseling in General /Professional /Engineering /Medical stream, who wants to take admission his/her own or through centralised counseling for availing benefits under the scheme PMSSS.
Is it possible to edit my application?
Yes, Officer of facilitation centre can only edit the online application form , subject to the production of original documents in support of your claim/request for editing.
What is the J & K Scholarship amount for various streams?
The following details are given below:
1. General Degree Upto Rs. 30,000/- Uniformly Rs. 1.00 Lakh
2. For all 2070 Engineering Degree/Professional Upto Rs. 1.25 Lakh
3. For all 2830 Medical/BDS or equivalent Medical Streams Upto Rs. 3.00 Lakh 100
4. Total No. of Scholarships 5000
I am an eligible candidate for J&K PMSSS scholarship. How can I apply for registration of this scholarship?
Log on to AICTE Website and follow the Steps to apply for “Online Registration for scholarship” and follow the instructions on how to fill the online application.
Step 1: Open AICTE Website via link : https://www.aicte-india.org/
Step 2: Go to PMSSS tab on the home page.
Step 3: Further click on the tab of A/Y 2019-20 and register yourself by following the instructions.
What format or size of photo and signature to upload in website for J&K PMSSS Scholarship?
Both photo & signature should be in .JPG /.PDF/.PNG format with size of the file should be less than 2 MB. 11.
Is it necessary to submit separate online application for General & Engineering course?
Candidates are required to select “Both” option from the dropdown menu under “Stream applied for” field, if they want to apply for both General & Engineering Stream under J&K PMSSS while submitting online application. The candidate need to fill only one application form.
I have filled & submitted my online application form. What should I do next?